As the world’s best player six times, Lionel Messi certainly has a high market value. But unfortunately the Barcelona mega star does not rank at the top of the list of the most expensive players in the world as of March 2020 the Transfermarket version.
Speaking of competition, at present almost all elite soccer competitions are being suspended following the Coronavirus outbreak.
Starting from the Italian Serie A, Spanish La Liga, German Bundesliga, French Ligue 1 to the English Premier League certainly does not take place until next month. In fact, UEFA also decided to postpone the continuation of the Champions League and Europa League.
With the fact that football is being closed, it means the focus of the news is now shifting to the transfer market.
Indeed, the summer transfer window has been rolling for quite a long time, but discussions about speculation or the possibility that could occur in the transfer window later have begun to echo.
Transfer market, of course, it cannot be separated from the official price or the price of a player on the market. Interestingly, Transfermarket recently released a list of the 10 most expensive player names as of March 2020.
There are many reasons why a player can be included in this list. Like Kylian Mbappe for example, the young French star was ranked first on this list with a tag of up to 200 million Euros.
But what is interesting is precisely the Argentinian mega star, Lionel Messi. The world best player 6 times was not even able to penetrate the top 5 and only sat in 8th place.
No less interesting is the fact that Cristiano Ronaldo’s name is not visible in this list. Meanwhile, here is a list of the 10 most expensive players in the world as of March 2020.
- Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain) – 200 million Euros
- Raheem Sterling (Manchester City) – 160 million Euros
- Neymar Jr. (Paris Saint-Germain) – 160 million Euros
- Sadio Mane (Liverpool) – 150 million Euros
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) – 150 million Euros
- Harry Kane (Tottenham) – 150 million Euros
- Kevin de Bruyne (Manchester City) – 150 million Euros
- Leo Messi (Barcelona) – 140 million Euros
- Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund) – 120 million Euros
- Antoine Griezmann (Barcelona) – 120 million Euros